Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Friday, March 26, 2010

D 96 - Watch the weather change



It would be an awful waste not to take a few shots of this gorgeous clear sky we were having this week. Even more since a storm front is headed our way from Germany due to visit us on the weekend.

Equipment

S630, program mode with +1/2 EV bias.
Some highlight recovery (in the bottom left corner) and sharpening done in Lightroom.

What I learned

I got into a habit of saving photos in RAW files. Subsequently I learned to adjust the camera settings not for directly optimal effect but so that there is maximum information in RAW file for further digital development in Lightroom.

I want some change now. I'm not making any large prints of my photos recently, so I don't need all that 100% zoom clarity. I'm publishing my photos on-line with no more than 1200x900 output resolution. I can afford to go SooC: Straight out of Camera. I'm gonna make photos the old way - only what I set in camera and on scene determines how my photos look, not the (digital) lightroom mambo-jumbo.

0 comments:

Previous photos