Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

D 146 - Dandelions O.M.G.



I spotted this field while on a short bike trip, then I fetched my camera and went back to get the photo.

Equipment

E-510 with ZD4015 (a strange lens for such a shot, I know).
RAW file developed in Lightroom: red filter, stronger contrast, sharpening.

What I learned

I was without a tripod and day was rather cloudy, so at f/16 and 40mm (80mm after crop) I wasn't able to get this sharp as I went down to 1/6 exposure time. In effect, the trees on horizon and the rock and the first row of dandelions are slightly out of focus.
I do tend to neglect the fact how much longer I need to expose to get proper photos at small apertures. Tripod isn't that heavy, is it?

If I used wider lens, than the DOF would get bigger and the trees on horizon would become apparently smaller, but the rock would grow too big.

0 comments:

Previous photos