Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Friday, January 15, 2010

D 26 - It's in the eye of the beholder

Od Dark Light Back

The Devil - instinctive, animal part of us.
Always tempting us to let go of anything deeper than what we can see with our eyes and what our minds can understand and to revel in the passions of our senses.
But if we subject to it, we become prisoners of the mundane. Space and time become our chains. We grow old and scared in our hearts.

I was struggling with this topic and I wasn't sure if a photo of clock can sincerely fit it. But to me this clock with a creeping plant is a symbol of constraints of our inner animal.
I guess it's just in the eye of the beholder.

Equipment

E-510 with ZD1442 (Helios was too narrow, I tried), flash with softbox, tripod, aluminum sheet reflector and a mirror to see what's on the lcd.

What I learned

This was quite a trick to frame properly with the back of the camera body just 5 cm away from cupboards. I turned on live view and used small mirror to see what it shows. Framing wasn't perfect but I didn't need to correct it by more than 10-15%.

I am more and more concerned by the loss of detail caused by small size of this blog frames. Sometimes it is a shame that you can't see the fine details of those shots.
Maybe I should double up those photos on some photo sharing site and post links? I sure can't do it on Picasa because it doesn't allow to link precisely required size of photo. So if I uploaded 2MP photo the closest size I could link to would be 400 pixels instead of 440 as I do now by already uploading exactly that size.

0 comments:

Previous photos