Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

D 48 - The Grays



I promised myself to photograph this perspective of the block already some time ago. I missed an opportunity to catch it with some streaks of snow being blown out of the roof by high winds this for a few days week. I don't know why I was always figuring out how to set up my tripod in on my desk to reach up to this slim window just under the ceiling (a dictionary suggest to call it a 'ventilator' but I resist). This was done from hand.

Why the title? It looks the same in color as in black and white.

Equipment

E-510 with Pentacon 30 mm at f/11, ISO 200.

What I learned

Don't get stuck at initial assumptions about technical requirements for a photograph. Give it a try instead.

Never walk by a frame you just discovered or imagined because 'you could always shoot it later'.

0 comments:

Previous photos