Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

D 66 - What the Hell?



I never liked HDR. It was just another gismo filter to me. So I decided to give it a try. You never know, maybe some day I'd need it and it'd be good to have some practice.

Aw...

I sat for an hour trying to get rid of some ridiculous blue noise in the shadows of my photo sequence. And I couldn't tell why they finally disappeared.

Equipment

E-510 with ZD1442 on tripod. Qtpfsgui open-source program for HDR.
Yes, that's the name of a software, not demon.

What I learned

I may be wrong.
I might have done something wrong while I shot the photos for HDR.
Maybe the contrast was too high or something.

But as far as I see it today, results of HDR making are random. You just toss your photos into this giant pot of sliders and parameters and options and see what you get. Than you stir the mixture and look at the new result.
Trying to understand the meaning of all those parameters seems like a science of it's own.

It was a nightmare.

I'll try again tomorrow!

0 comments:

Previous photos