Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

D 82 - Not only Berlin



Szczecin. A port city in Northwest Poland. 10 km from German border.

I was fascinated by this half devastated brick wall on the edge of a run-down neighborhood. It seemed to reflect the difficult history of this German city after WW2. Who sheared those bricks from the wall? how? and why?

Equipment

E-510 with ZD1442.
Color mix, levels, crop, noise and sharpness in Lightroom.

What I learned

With overcast weather none of my attempts to show the fascinating texture of scraped bricks worked out. So I have stepped back and shown a contrast between damaged and untouched bricks, adding some perspective.

0 comments:

Previous photos