Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

D 83 - Don't drink and derive



We all had some few beers before. I decided that this isn't the best moment to appreciate the adrenaline of karting, since I haven't done it for more that 15 years.

I was chased away from the track's edge by a staff for safety reasons but before I took some rewarding shots. The perspective on this photo is from a viewing platform well and safe above the racing track.

This racing track is built inside a hotel near Szczecin. The owner of it had some successful business before, but visited Michael Schumacher's karting track in Germany. He never took a ride on it, because the queue was so long. He thought that this is a great business idea and sold his previous company to open 'Silver Hotel' with the most professional kart racing track in Poland.

Equipment

E-510 with ZD1442. ISO 1600.

What I learned

ISO 1600 is not as useless in E-510 as I used to think. In poor lighting conditions and far from fast kit lens, even this high ISO didn't allow for sharp capture of karts in motion. But at least it allowed for sharp still photos.

0 comments:

Previous photos