Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

D 142 - Running Down the Gutter



A gutter and a walking path all-in-one. This is a place running 3 meters below street level just next to my block. It is situated between a row of mansions and a thin parked passage. The neighborhood is quite shady.

Equipment

E-510 with ZD4015.
Developed from RAW in Lightroom using Green color filter.

What I learned

This is a second photo for the last few days when I choose to brighten the leaves with a green filter effect. It takes the scene somewhat away from realism. But this is for the better.
I look at my photos and I must admit that the subjects which I chose are not extraordinary. They are mostly mundane objects and scenes. The only way I can make them into interesting photographs is to capture unusual lighting or perspective.
Filters are the third tool which can add "interestingness" to a photo. It changes the way light is present in the scene.

0 comments:

Previous photos