Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

D 16 - Positivism

Od Dark Light Back

Od Dark Light Back


Today my work on photography was more a groundwork. Since my tight budget keeps me safely away from an external flash then I had to go DIY.
I sadly don't remember the exact website which gave me an idea of making a softbox for pop-up flash from cigarette box, aluminum foil and a napkin. It goes much as H E R E except it is slightly more... MacGyver.

The photo is example of how the softbox works in a candid portrait. I like it. And my favorite model at least smiles this time when she punches me with her wool mittens.

Equipment

E-510 with pop-up flash popped up, perfume box, aluminum tape, a sheet of lignin and some scotch tape.

What I learned

It works! I should make some time another one from stronger materials and giving more light upwards to get some reflected light from low ceilings.

0 comments:

Previous photos