Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

D 17 - Time to go, Starboy

Od Dark Light Back

I have been playing around with my new softbox today. It works quite nice as a main light source but also makes a great fill light, which is something I have been looking for a while. I like to use the natural light (sunlight or indoor lights) and now I can use it without having to use a tripod.

Equipment

E-510 with Helios 44-4 and my new DIY softbox on pop-up flash. ISO 800 and 1/90 sec exposure time.

What I learned

I had today a primal fun taking shots of everything around with my new gadget, because it opened new opportunities for me. Still I have to compromise by going high ISO and getting grain (which I learned that is mostly chroma noise which can be easily dealt with in Lightroom with minimum loss to sharpness).

For now I'm ignoring the differences between tungsten or sunlight and the flashlight in color temperature because I like doing b&w photos. But it is a problem to be faced in the future.

0 comments:

Previous photos