Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Friday, January 8, 2010

D 19 - Magic components

Od Dark Light Back

RGB - the components of color TV magic. Tiny colored light spots that fool our eyes and minds to see illusions.

Equipment

A570 IS on a tripod about 5 cm from the CRT TV screen surface.

What I learned

Capturing the right moment isn't that easy with live television broadcast. I should have used a still frame from my DVD with more colors in it. Here the red dots are barely visible.

I chose compact camera for this, because they are pretty good with macro having small optics and matrices. The magnification factor didn't seem to be enough. For this shot I should have used E-510 with reversed Helios 44-4 lens mounted in front of ZD4015. They give a very good magnification factor but extremely shallow depth of field.

0 comments:

Previous photos