Photo Project 365

This is a photo blog focused on but not limited to study of composition and tonal relations in photographs.

It is a continuation my Project 365 from 2010 a moderately successful attempt to make and publish one photography each day for one year.

The Project lost it's steam somewhere half along the way and this place became a depository of my more satisfying photos.

Click photos to enlarge.

Friday, January 8, 2010

D 18 - Stainless

Od Dark Light Back

I had a good idea to use my DIY softbox with a compact camera built-in flash as a makeshift off-camera flash for my E-510. The immediate results weren't too great, but technically it worked, as long as I gave myself some time for manually releasing the compact camera flash by using delayed shutter release and longer exposure time - in this case 4 seconds.

Eventually I made this shot without any flash. The light came from Christmas-tree and dimmed lamp at the other wall of the room.

Equipment

E-510 with Helios 44-4 lens on a tripod without built-in flash. A570 IS stuck in the softbox working as external flash was not used in the above photo.

What I learned

Unusual light and angle can change ordinary home tool into a strange object. Macro ftw.

0 comments:

Previous photos